Great news!! We are thrilled to announce the most-awaited Virtual Classroom major version update across all datacenter locations worldwide. This new version boasts many advanced features such as support for Simulcast powered by BrainCert’s all-new deep SFU engine. All global datacenter locations will now use our scalable and secure Software-Defined Smart WebRTC Network (SD-SWN) that offers the lowest latency and intelligent routing using our WARP (WebRTC Alternate Route Path) technology.
Introducing all-new 'BrainCert Deep SFU Engine' with Simulcast support
To make the video conferencing work in the most optimal way, we have introduced our all-new deep SFU/MCU engine with Simulcast support. With Simulcast, we deliver the best quality video streams to all attendees in a classroom. If an attendee has some problems with bandwidth (changed Wi-Fi to a slow mobile network, for example), the video quality will adapt to it by lowering the bitrate. If the attendees bandwidth situation gets better, the video quality will also get better by automatically raising the bitrate to offer the best possible experience to everyone in the virtual classroom session.
Recordings in MP4 format and 720p video resolution
The recordings now will be in MP4 format instead of the old WEBM format which does not support playing in Apple's Safari browser. We have also forced 720p for all recordings to avoid any issues when uploading to YouTube or Vimeo.
Save & load whiteboards from cloud storage
BrainCert has interactive online whiteboard with all writing and drawing tools to make the session more engaging and interactive. We have now introduced the option to save the specific whiteboard tab to cloud storage and load it in any whiteboard tab and in any VC class session. This is a great way to quickly show the whiteboard tab without repeating the same content again in another class.
Export whiteboard tab as PDF or image file
In BrainCert Virtual Classroom, we have multiple interactive whiteboards helping instructors to draw, illustrate, show diagram that supports drawing tools, LaTEX math equations, draw shapes and symbols, save snapshots and more. Now we have introduced the option to export the whiteboard session as PDF or an image (JPEG) file.
Set Video streaming quality and aspect ratio
In BrainCert Virtual Classroom, it is also possible to set the desired video quality automatically by default or manually in the video settings. "Auto mode" will invoke Simulcast that provides optimal viewing experience by maximizing the video quality for every participant in the classroom and avoids the bitrate of the latter being dragged down due to other participants within the same session with less bandwidth available. It is also possible to manually set video quality in LD, SD and HD.
Enlarged video conference over the whiteboard
We have rolled out a new feature that offers a quicker way to enter enlarged video conference over the whiteboard area which makes the chat and attendee list right-panel visible. Face-to-face collaboration now made easy with enlarged real-time video conference and automatic speaker detection.
Global notification feature to broadcast messages to all BreakRooms
Now you can broadcast messages to all attendees in main and BreakRooms in real-time from the chat area using @broadcast tag. This is very helpful feature for instructors to quickly send a message to all participants in different BreakRooms.
Play YouTube, Vimeo and private videos enlarged over the whiteboard area
Videos can be played enlarged over the whiteboard area in our media player section. Also, the instructor can allow attendees to control video playback so that students can pause and play the video from their end.
Retain document zoom level over the whiteboard area
This intuitive feature allows navigating back and forth by collaborating with uploaded documents on the whiteboard maintaining the same zoom level set. Furthermore, the document toolbar can be dragged anywhere over the whiteboard area that offers better user experience.
Enhanced info popup with real-time information
This nifty info popup has been enhanced to show video parameters such as video bitrate, frame rate, resolution and packets lost in addition to the attendee's user specific information. This is very helpful to troubleshoot and monitor connectivity issues of each student.
Ability to change font size and font type
By using the new enhanced text tool feature, instructors can now change the font size and font type for the text entered on the whiteboard.
New WolframAlpha implementation using Wolfram's API
We've implemented WolframAlpha API to show queries on the whiteboard. The API approach is more robust and can provide access to various optional optimizations (shorter answers, the ability to Show Steps for solving a problem, and more). WolframAlpha usage will be now metered based on the subscription plan.
Low CPU usage
We've greatly lowered the CPU usage of the virtual classroom when using different tools and functionalities such as recording, screen sharing, and overall board actions in general.
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
- [IMPROVEMENT] Updated all 50 languages with new translations
- [Fix] Video playback can be controlled by attendees from mobile devices when instructor allow permission
- [FIX] Vimeo video player is not displayed fully on mobile devices
- [FIX] Slider which allows an attendee to control video player can be hidden when user decrease video tool window size
- [FIX] Text is copied\transferred to another tab when user switch tabs during text editing
- [IMPROVEMENT] Introduced new HTML editor to type text, change fonts, size, colors, etc.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Creates new design for Save & Load Board and Export board features
- [FIX] In student's fullscreen video mode teacher's video isn't fully enlarged
- [FIX] Right modal window is not shown when code editor is expanded
- [FIX] Chat messages will be displayed properly in the chat area when chat scroll should appear in mobile devices
- [IMPROVEMENT] To add "Save board" and "Load board" features in the whiteboard drop-down menu
- [FIX] Changed the board loading client-side requests to speed up the board list load
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add ability to regulate Video Resolution (LD, SD, and HD for Enlarged Videos)
- [FIX] Video quality is set to auto-mode by default
- [FIX] The bottom menu is not visible on Android mobile devices
- [FIX] Excel documents uploaded via document tool are not working correctly
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improved the client-server interactions to decrease the load on the server
- [FIX] Add a switch to change aspect ratio between 16:9 and 4:3 in video settings
- [FIX] Add a button to enlarge videos to whiteboard area in media tool
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improved connectivity check test to show results faster
- [FIX] Text settings is changed to the last edited text settings when select tool is used
- [FIX] Screensharing option is not available on mobile deviсes
- [FIX] Fullscreen option is not available on iOS devices
- [FIX] Bottom area of equation editor pop-up does not fit in the screen on mobile devices
- [FIX] The report a problem form on Android devices opens only when user clicks right on the bottom of the icon
- [FIX] The Hide chat to participants button does not hide the chat
- [FIX] The Hide attendee list to participants button does not hide the attendee list
- [FIX] The create poll tool is not scrollable on mobile devices
- [FIX] Change fullscreen library on the other which supports iOS devices
- [FIX] Request camera access only when the user uses the camera.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add SD or HD icons on top of video in small and enlarged mode
- [FIX] User should be able to report a problem without entering their email
- [FIX] The BreakRoom window is not scrollable on mobile devices
- [FIX] The Connectivity test tab is not scrollable on mobile devices
- [FIX] The Raise Hand option is missing for students when they are in the main room
- [FIX] The top tool bar is squeezed in recordings when is Recording Layout=1
- [FIX] The instrument bar is not showing properly in recording when is Recording Layout=1
- [FIX] The background millimeter paper disappears when user draws several figures on it
- [FIX] Add info about another users bitrate, packet loss etc. in user info pop-up
- [IMPROVEMENT] Make microphone work independently from camera
- [FIX] Background tool overlap figures
- [FIX] The top tool bar does not fit fully in smaller browser windows
- [FIX] The page cannot be scrolled down when the window is minimized
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve performance during recording of lessons by reducing CPU load on the instructor's computer
- [FIX] Screensharing tab is still showing on a recording of lesson even after screensharing has stopped
- [FIX] When screensharing is stopped via the browser, the screensharing tab should close
- [FIX] User's video parameters info should be visible as soon as the info pop-up is
- [FIX] Code editor with opened KeyMaps partially disappears when user resized the browser window
- [FIX] Make popup video button on the right from "Videos"
- [FIX] Video sound does not turn off on student side if presenter turn it off when attendees do not have allow to playback control
- [FIX] Scrolling documents is too slowly
- [FIX] Vertical videos are not centered in their container in enlarged mode
- [FIX] Firefox: it's impossible to share screen more than once
- [FIX] Buttons in the right menu do not work properly when window is minimized
- [IMPROVEMENT] Video in enlarged vertical mode is too small on mobile devices
- [FIX] When the attendee list is hidden, there is empty space above the chat
- [FIX] Change the popup video button to expand video button
- [FIX] Relocate the bottom menu to the right side on mobile devices
- [FIX] Rotate the "Save chat" icon
- [FIX] 'Choose from your library' window does not fit on the screen in landscape mode on mobile devices
- [FIX] Make the document toolbar draggable
- [FIX] Video in enlarged mode does not adapt to the window size when window is minimized
- [IMPROVEMENT] Elements on whiteboard are cropped when whiteboard is exported as image/pdf
- [FIX] Chrome/Mac: registered student cannot see presenter's shared screen
- [IMPROVEMENT] Turn on HD quality by default when video is expanded on the whiteboard
- [FIX] Video quality does not return to SD after streamer leaves the enlarged mode
- [FIX] Total votes number in polls is not calculated
- [FIX] Safari: Videos played from the library via Video tool are lagging and smaller than expected
- [FIX] iPad: user cannot properly draw on the whiteboard
- [FIX] The clear all tool does not work properly for many elements on the board
- [FIX] LaTex tool symbols are cut off when inserted to the whiteboard
- [FIX] When video tool is expanded, the toggle for allowing attendees to control video is not properly visible
- [IMPROVEMENT] If YouTube or Vimeo video URL or format is not supported in media player tool, then there will be an error message shown
- [FIX] Full screen popup on android devices is blank
- [FIX] Turn on HD quality by default when video is expanded on the whiteboard
- [FIX] Video connection does not work properly for 2+ users
- [FIX] Scrolling documents does not work for students with teacher's tools
- [FIX] Screensharing stops abruptly
- [FIX] Some students continue to see erased figures on the board
- [IMPROVEMENT] Low quality stream has an SD icon in collapsed video-chat for users with higher video quality
- [FIX] Video stream is multiplied on recordings when several videos are turned on during recording
- [FIX] Move the Enlarge and Collapse icons in the expanded video mode to the right side of the window
- [FIX] Millimeter paper background is not saved to whiteboard storage
- [FIX] If there are several boards open, their names are not fully visible on mobile devices
- [FIX] When presenter puts all students in a BreakRoom and makes one of them presenter, the 'waiting for presenter' popup shown for attendees is now fixed
- [FIX] iPad/iOS 13: User cannot see the mic indicator when entering the room with is Corporate=1
- [IMPROVEMENT] Presenter should be able to broadcast a message to students in all rooms
- [FIX] Remove gray area on recordings with enhanced view
- [FIX] Some elements on a whiteboard disappear for users after refreshing the page
- [IMPROVEMENT] Decrease overall CPU usage of the virtual classroom
- [FIX] Select tool frame moves separately from the selected object
- [FIX] Millimeter paper background disappears for student when teacher uses eraser
- [FIX] Muted YouTube video gets unmuted when presenter expands the video
- [FIX] User sees gray screens instead of video stream and screensharing at low Internet speed
- [FIX] Exporting as image is not working for documents uploaded on whiteboard
- [IMPROVEMENT] Set zoom in an uploaded document is reset to default when user goes to another page
- [FIX] The last video piece is not merged into recording when is Video=1
- [FIX] Finished YouTube video starts over again if presenter allows attendee to control video
- [FIX] Whiteboard objects' indexes are incorrect if a new object appears on the board while another one is selected
- [FIX] Video played in video tool is lagging for student if presenter closes and opens video tool tab
- [FIX] Video in video tool cannot be viewed in full screen on iOS devices
- [FIX] Selected object moves to a newly opened board tab automatically
- [FIX] Selected figure disappears when user tries to change the stroke size or its color
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add a TCP health check
- [FIX] Set recordings' quality to 720P for files recorded in MP4 format
- [IMPROVEMENT] Uploaded document is not scaled appropriately by default on mobile devices
- [FIX] Documents cannot be scrolled on some mobile devices
- [FIX] KeyMaps overflows its container on iPhones
- [FIX] Video connection does not work properly for users from Firefox