Great News! a new virtual classroom major build with a primary focus on dynamic bandwidth adaption feature along with other awesome new features and several other bug fixes has been pushed to all global locations.
BrainCert Private Cloud For Enterprise Customers
- BrainCert is now offering private cloud setup for enterprise customers who need the raw power of elastic servers dedicated to your workload that will scale up or scale down automatically based on your traffic conditions. This setup is ideal for high-volume customers who wants to deliver live webinar to thousands of people or startups who wants scalability benefits with more control at low cost. Private cloud is also highly desirable for companies who wants to meet compliance requirements to securely stream and store data in a specific region in the world. Interested customers can email email@example.com for more details.
Dynamic Bandwidth Adaption Algorithm
- This awesome feature has been under development for a long time based on the feedbacks and issues reported by users specific to audio cut off issues during a live class and bandwidth constraints when recording is on. This new built-in feature now dynamically adjust the bandwidth required for an optimal audio/video conferencing along with session recording and screen sharing at both client side and also in server side. This greatly improves packet loss and network jitter.
API to control Private Chat (isPrivateChat)
Based on popular request, now there is an API call to control private chats in a virtual classroom session.
- isPrivateChat=0 --> to allow students to private chat with each other.
- isPrivateChat=1 --> to enable only instructor to private chat with students and students cannot private chat with each other.
Virtual Classroom will load nicely in chromebook now on a supported browser like Chrome.
Send session feedback
We've introduced a new feature to submit feedback to the technical team. When you fill out the form, it sends as the debug data with lot of useful information to troubleshoot your issue.
Redesigned enlarged video conference
Enlarged videos will now stream is HD in full screen inside the app window and attendees videos will be stacked at the bottom.
Restrict number of videos and shared screens
For performance reasons, the number of video streams will now be limited to 6 and group screen sharing will be limited to 4 screens at the same time. There is no limit on audio streams in a room, but videos will be limited to 6 to offer the best possible performance to all classroom users. Technically, having more video streams create performance related issues such as choppy audio and frozen video frames.
We've introduce 'connectivity test' (beta) option to do some basic system tests. This uses a 'strict' check for now and may not actually detect your download/upload speed of the network but with respect to audio and video streaming. This feature will further be improved for accuracy in the next version.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- [Fix] Recording will produce complete video without cutting of minutes in the final video. It will now match the session duration.
- [Fix] Audio/Video do not work in Firefox & Safari 11 browsers
when using macOS High Sierra.
- [Improvement] Changes active speaker detection to a new animation
- [Improvement] Accurately capture all users leaving the room to populate attendance data
- [Improvement] To switch audio test in isCorporate=1 mode from audio receiving to graphical audio indicator
- [Improvement] Other minor improvements and hardware upgrades to improve performance.