We've rolled our a new virtual classroom build across all global locations. This 'performance build' was created to fix the issues affecting our users and improve overall class delivery experience with our new backend updates and improvements.
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
- [NEW] Show logo in video recordings
- [FIX] Fix Chrome browser's "audioplay" policy issue which was corrupting the audio stream resulting in no video recordings
- [FIX] Recording is not produced when browser tab is closed in the middle of a recording session by the instructor
- [NEW] Avail BrainCert's new dynamic SFU/MCU engine (codename 'Fast Tiger') that is highly tuned to provide an immersive audio and video experience. All 15 of our global locations is now powered by this new technology.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Default video tool window size should fit the video without any dark areas on the left and right side of the recorded videos output file
- [IMPROVEMENT] "Enhanced video recorder" feature that automatically recovers corrupted or partially recorded videos by checking the file integrity and compare the data points from the session and produce a video recording file
- [FIX] Attendees were able to control video player even when when allow control toggle is turned off by the instructor
- [FIX] Whiteboard toolbar is not shifted to the right side when using RTL interface language such as Arabic and Hebrew.
- [FIX] Pencil Tool is changed on Select tool when document is uploaded
- [FIX] WolframAlpha was not producing output on the whiteboard
- [FIX] Settings windows are partly displayed out of the screen on Android devices
- [IMPROVEMENT] Rework Net Speed Check
- [IMPROVEMENT] New feature to resize media player window by dragging the right bottom of the window and resize it. This is useful when you want to have a bigger window to watch streaming videos using media player
- [IMPROVEMENT] Increase the window size of the media player popup
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve 'capacity planner' tool that comes into play when you schedule a live session. This tool helps to create a 'blueprint' for the session by analyzing various metrics such as compute resources available in a global datacenter, optimal network path required to achieve very low-latency, switch to dynamic SFU or MCU configuration (core technology), low bandwidth optimizations and congestion control.
Planned Accomplishment in next version (2-3 weeks from now)
- Add expand button for media player pop-up to enlarge it in whiteboard area (similar to code editor)
- Add ability for presenter to hide Whiteboard tabs from students by locking and unlocking specific boards
- Improve document display for screens with high DPI so all uploaded documents look better on mobile devices